Are you planning to buy Drone quadcopter with camera? Wait! Before you buy any Drone, check out this buying guide specially prepared just for you. Here you will learn about best drone quadcopters with a camera to buy in 2020. We have also covered important information about quadcopter drone with & without a camera and recommended drones for you to make your purchase decision easier. Here we go!
Best 12 Drone Quad Copters to Buy in 2020:
As there are many options available this year, here is the list we have compiled for you:
|DJI Phantom 3 Standard||12 MP||Check Price|
|Parrot BeBop 2||14 MP||Check Price|
|Hubsan H501S X4||1080P HD||Check Price|
|Yuneec Q500 4K||12 MP||Check Price|
|DJI Phantom Aerial UAV (for GoPro)||GoPro Need to Buy||Check Price|
|Holy Stone F181 RC||1280 x 720 pixels||Check Price|
|Eachine Racer 250 FPV||1000TVL||Check Price|
|DJI MAVIC PRO||12 MP||Check Price|
|DJI Spark||12 MP||Check Price|
|DJI Inspire1||12 MP||Check Price|
|YUNEEC H520||4k/2k/HD||Check Price
Technological advancements are taking the world to new levels with advanced gadgets and devices developed by the geeks. Drone quadcopter is one of such gadget also known as the quadcopter or the quadrotor because it is propelled and lifted with the help of four rotors. Interestingly, the history of Quadcopters is very interesting where scientists attempt for creating the quad-copters started in the early 1900 and some of them were quite successful as well. Drones are available in different kinds – very small drones, small drones, medium drones and large drones. Drone quadcopters are used for various purposes – in the military and defense forces for keeping a close eye on the border area, in the police department for tracking criminals, by photographers for getting exclusive still pictures as well as images etc. Drones are also used now for enhanced security in public gatherings and meetings, at stadiums and playgrounds etc.
Things to Keep in Mind While Purchasing Drones:
Drones are available in different varieties – for beginners, for intermediates as well as advanced.
- Beginner Drones: If you are new to drones, it is recommended to select from wide ranges of beginner drones available in the market. Beginner drones quadcopters are prepared in a manner so that they can withstand the pressure of crashing again and again and help you in becoming a pro in drone operations. They are suitable to be operated indoors. Some of the popular brands such as DJI, Habsan, Parrot are made drones for beginners. You can purchase these drones between $40 to $100 from leading e-commerce store.
- Intermediate Drones: Once you have honed the skills of flying a drone, it is time to test that you have actually become a pro. These drones are advanced than beginner drones and have better equipment and facilities. For an intermediate drone, prices start more than $100 but less than $400 for the basic.
- Advanced Drones: Advanced drones are the pros where the gadgets are being used for some kind of purpose like security measures, photography, patrolling and so on. The advanced level drones offer a great selection of features in them as well for better functioning for the flier. The price of advanced quadcopter drone with a camera is more than $400.
- Legal constraint: Check for the legal constraint on the flying drone in your country before you made a purchase.
Drones Buying Guide:
- Camera: Get a drone quadcopter with a factory-installed camera. Also, ensure that there are options of mounting individual action camera for capturing best images and videos.
- Remote Controller: Check the remote controller of the drone as it is from here that the gadget will be operated. The configuration of the controller will depend on the complexity of the actions that are carried out by the drone.
- Battery life: On a single charge, the drone battery offers flight time of 5-25 minutes. Usually recharging takes about an hour’s time. Invest in rechargeable batteries, which are compatible with the drone.
- Drone Cases and Backpacks: Keeping the drone safely after use is highly recommended and for that drone backpacks and cases are available. After using the drone, pack it safely and keep in the case or backpack until further use.
List of best drones to buy:
#1 DJI Mavic 2 Pro
This is our new addition in the list of drones to buy this year. DJI is one of the leading and trusted brand when we are talking about drone. They are offering drone for consumer, enterprise and professional use. Their Mavic series quadcopter drones are widely used for professional and personal photography and videography.
Mavic 2 pro drone is equipped with high-performance zoom lens which gives great image quality from the heights. You can shoot 10-bit hdr videos and hyperlapse with this drone.
You can buy this Mavic 2 pro drone at just $1499/- from their official website store.
#2 – DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quad-copter Drone
The DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone is a powerful drone with intuitive and responsive rotors. Enjoy more adventurous flying with features like safe flight limits, automatic flight assistant, direction and status indicators, live GPS, auto hover and so on. The drone has an inbuilt camera which has 20 mm equivalent lens, f/2.8 aperture, 12 MP photos and 2.7 K HD videos. The drone has a 2600 mAh LiPo 18650 battery and offers maximum flight time of 25 minutes. The pack containing the drone contains a ready to fly battery, battery charger, remote controller and camera. Hard case and backpack is also offered with the device.
#3 – Parrot BeBop 2 Drone
The Parrot BeBop 2 drone is compact and lightweight and has the perfect combination of robustness, style and aerodynamics. Some prominent features in the drone include 180° vision user controlled camera, digital 3-axis stabilization system, flash storage system, new fish eye lens, flexible propellers, rear flashing LED etc. The fish eye lens camera offers higher clarity. The 14 Mp camera offers 4096 x 3072p resolution. The drone has H264 video encoding with 1920 x 1080 p video resolution. The drone offers continuous flight time of 25 minutes max. Accessories included in the kit are battery, 8 propellers, USB cable, charger + cable + adapter propeller assembly tool etc. You can also purchase a backpack for carrying the drone anywhere.
#4 – Hubsan H501S X4 FPV Brushless Quadcopter:
The Hubsan H501S X4 FPV Brush-less Quadcopter is an excellent aero photographic quadcopter for beginners with HD camera. Some noticeable features in the drone include automatic return function with built in GPS, headless mode, follow me mode, high efficiency brush-less motor, multi function FPV remote controller (for standard and professional operations). The drone comes with 1080 P HD camera with excellent video transmission. The drone quadcopter has a 2700 mAh LiPo battery and offers maximum flight time of 20 minutes. The pack contains the remote controller, propellers, battery and 1080 HD camera.
#5 – Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone:
Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter drone needs special mention for its appearance. Noteworthy features in this drone include personal ground station with built-in touch screen, CGO3 4K 3 axis Gimbal Camera offering 12 MP images at 1080p/120fps, 4 K video capturing, watch me and follow me, smart safety etc. excellent image and video quality can be obtained through the drone even when high up in air. No assembling is required for the product. The drone comes in an aluminum case.
#6 – DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro:
This quadcopter drone is for people who have serious business – in sports, adventure activities, film making etc. some important features of the drone include Intelligent Orientation Control, Special Start Sequence, Ready-to-Fly Aerial Filming Rig with Go-Pro Mount, Go-Pro Camera Mount, advanced GPS positioning, Naza-M autopilot system, compatibility with Zenmuse H-3 2D Gimbal for great videos etc. The drone offers flight time of 15 minutes approximately. The speed of this drone Quadcopter is up to 22 miles/hour. The drone comes in an attractive backpack for easy carrying.
#7 – Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone:
The Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone is targeted for the beginners. Special features in the drone include Key Return with 2.4 GHz 6-Gyro Headless Security System, 360° 4-Ways Flip for great action and performance, 4 channel transmitters etc. the HD camera in the drone offers resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and videos at 30 frames. The drone operates in a range of 50-100 meters with approximately 7-9 minutes of flying time. Accessories that come with the set include remote transmitter, landing skids, 2 charging cables, 2 batteries, rotating blades, protection frames etc.
#8 – Eachine Racer 250 FPV Quadcopter Drone:
The Eachine Racer 250 FPV Quadcopter Drone can become an enviable possession considering the looks and appearance of the product. The RTF version of the product has Eachine I6 2.4 G Transmitter with 7 inches 32 CH monitor. Real-time image transmission is possible with the drone along with getting high sensitivity with long distance remote control. The drone offers a flying time of 10 to 14 minutes approximately. All the accessories that are provided with the drone are packed well in the case.
#9 – DJI Mavic Pro Drone
Recently DJI launched its new game changer drone for aerial photographers and filmmakers. Mavic pro is small but powerful quadcopter and it’s easy to carry on you traveling trip. This drone has 27min of maximum flying time and 40kph maximum speed in sports mode without wind. Mavic Pro has 12 MP 4k inbuilt camera which has 35mm equivalent lens and it captures the 4k video at 30fps resolution. DJI Mavic Pro comes with 2970mAh LiPo 3s battery and also this drone can be used for commercial use also.
#10 DJI Spark
DJI Spark is portable and mini-drone Spark is the selfie drone and it’s allowing you to freeze the moment whenever you feel inspired. DJI Spark has a 12MP camera with 1/2.3 powerful lens, which can capture full HD images and 1080p video. DJI Spark has 16 minutes of flight time, it can fly up too 31mph speed with 1.2 miles transmission distance. DJI Spark comes with all new DJI features like face gestures, mechanical gimbal stabilization and shake free shots. DJI Spark’s has LiPo 3S 480 mAh capacity of battery and the drone have just 66 pounds of weight, so its very easy to carry on your adventure trip.
#11 DJI Inspire1
If you are looking for the big drone for professional use then DJI’s Inspire1 is highly recommendable according to your requirement. Inspire 1 is DJI’s big bird, which can offer payload flexibility and rotational camera. Inspire 1 has 12MP of camera which can capture 4000x3000size Image and 4k video at 60Mbps video bitrate. DJI Inspire1 have TB47 4500mAh battery which allows you to 18min of flight. This drone can fly upto 49mph max speed in ATTI mode. DJI provides the additional features like dual operator mode and Multiple Zenmuse camera system in Inspire 1 .
#12 YUNEEC H520
YUNEEC is popular drone brand in Industrial sector because Yuneec provides the best high-quality aerial camera for industrial use. Yuneec’s new drone H520 is perfect example for best aerial camera drone. H520 have six rotors and high wind resistant airframe which safes the drone and stable against wind. Yuneec H520 have 360 degree gimbal camera which captures the 4K/2K/HD video and 20Mp still images. This drone can fly up to 25min and its weight is 3.6lbs with battery. Yuneec H520 is recommendable for use in industrial.
Before buying any quadcopter drone, it is recommended to check all the features thoroughly. This will give an idea if the device will cater to your needs or not. Also, make sure to read reviews of the product before deciding to make the final purchase.
Is it legal to shoot video by flying a drone with a camera?
The short answer to this question is Yes and No! each country has well-defined rules on flying unnamed aerial objects and we strongly recommend studying and follow those rules before you buy drone. Federation Aviation Administration of USA has partnered with many organizations to promote “Know before you fly” campaign. Here is the safety guidelines shared by FAA:
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don’t fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
- Don’t fly near people or stadiums
- Don’t fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
- Don’t be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
Note: Please check your country’s safety guidelines and rules before you buy and fly drone quadcopter around.
Do you own drone quadcopter? do share your experience here by comment on how you follow safely measures and your country specific guidelines on flying unnamed aerial object?