Important Note: If you are deleting application from your smartphone, don’t forget to delete your personal information, account data or any other crucial information before you uninstall them.
PIB government of India has published press release entitled “Government Bans 59 mobile apps which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order” on 29th June 2020. And here is the official tweet from the Ministry of Electronics and IT:
#Update | Government of India Bans 59 mobile apps which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order. Read the press release by @PIB_India for more details – https://t.co/LcIuXOnlfK— Ministry of Electronics & IT (@GoI_MeitY) June 29, 2020
The official press release has listed 59 Chinese mobile applications which are banned in India and most of them has been removed from official Google and Apple store list.
List of 59 Chinese mobile applications banned in India:
- UC Browser
- Baidu map
- Clash of Kings
- DU battery saver
- YouCam makeup
- Mi Community
- CM Browers
- Virus Cleaner
- APUS Browser
- Club Factory
- Beutry Plus
- UC News
- QQ Mail
- QQ Music
- QQ Newsfeed
- Bigo Live
- Mail Master
- Parallel Space
- Mi Video Call – Xiaomi
- ES File Explorer
- Viva Video – QU Video Inc
- Vigo Video
- New Video Status
- DU Recorder
- Vault- Hide
- Cache Cleaner DU App studio
- DU Cleaner
- DU Browser
- Hago Play With New Friends
- Cam Scanner
- Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile
- Wonder Camera
- Photo Wonder
- QQ Player
- We Meet
- Sweet Selfie
- Baidu Translate
- QQ International
- QQ Security Center
- QQ Launcher
- U Video
- V fly Status Video
- Mobile Legends
- DU Privacy
War is imminent, trespassing is in the process and if our soldiers fight one on the border then you as a citizen can fight from the wallet.
A few days ago, Mr.Wangchuk uploaded a video explaining the nitty grits of the border tension and between India and China. They heading towards a faceoff face-off along the Line of Actual Control or LAC. He further explains that more than the feeling of enmity, China is trying to cover and solve issues it’s currently facing within its country and by its very own people. To suppress the rising revolt within the country due to unemployment and other ill effects of COVID 19 etc, China is taking up wars just to bring its people together. Not only India, but they are also trying to cause distress in the countries located in the Southern China Sea, i.e Vietnam, Taiwan, and even HongKong.
The Money Game
Did you know that China’s revenue is more than billions, each year earned from mobile apps, and products used by Indians? And this revenue is invested by China in its armies.
So the equation is simple, instead of feeding mind-boggling revenues to China, use products and apps that are homegrown.
It is difficult to suddenly adopt a change, but the least you can do is by uninstalling Chinese mobile applications on your smartphones. This is not hating but a retaliation. Because China needs to know that they cannot kill and wound our soldiers, with our money. We can help give a blow to China where it will affect the most and that is its ECONOMY.
Boycott Chinese Apps & Chines Products
Mark this as an opportunity for India to become self-reliant, and our Honorable Prime Minister has continuously stressed on MAKE IN INDIA movement. By boycotting the use of Chinese apps and Chinese products, we will build a new market and entrepreneurial opportunities which will further create employment and help generate revenue that will be used in India and by Indians.
Let’s take an example of one of the most popular Chinese app “TikTok” targeting ₹100 crore revenue by September 2020 from India. This is just one application, you can easily estimate the total revenue being generated from all popular Chinese mobile application from India. This is the reason, we have already published article featuring TikTok alternative apps to download.
Small steps will make a huge difference. So we have compiled a list if Indian mobile applications that are the best alternatives to Chinese apps.
To begin with, if you don’t know that an app in your smartphone is of a Chinese origin, install ‘Remove China Apps’.
What is ‘Remove China Apps’? [It seems the app has been removed from Play store]
As the name is self-explanatory, the app will remove all apps of Chinese origin. It is developed by One Touch AppLabs and it shot to success amidst the strain rising due to China-Indian tensions over the nations’ debated border in the Himalayas. Within 10 days of its launch, the app has had over 1 million downloads. In Google Playstore the app has a near-perfect rating of 4.9 stars out of 5 and has 200 897 reviews. The iOS version is still in the development process.
How does it work?
- Android users can download from the Google Play store.
- Open the app and click on the ‘scan now’ tab.
3. It will instantly list all the apps of Chinese origin and each app will have a delete icon.
4. Click on the delete icon, and the app will be uninstalled from your phone.
Download “Remove China Apps”
Now that you have deleted all the apps, first of all, Kudos, and secondly, below is the list of Indian Apps alternative to Chinese Apps.
1. Jio Switch (Shareit & Xender Alternative)
Offered by Reliance Retail Ltd, it was released on Jan 21, 2016. JioSwitch is an easy to use data transfer app and supports file transfer of all types and range. It has a rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 and more than 40 thousand reviews.
- You can send and receive files between Android and iOS smartphone devices.
- The benefit of wireless transfer of files.
- Share unlimited files, photos, videos, and music.
- 100 times faster than a Bluetooth
- Works offline
Other options are Files by Google and Share All
2. Doc Scanner (CamScanner Alternative)
Developed byEasy Mob Apps the app was released in the year 2018. It has over 1 million downloads and has a ranting of 4.4 stars out of 5.
Doc Scanner is a PDF scanner app and you and scan documents, bills, certificates photos, basically anything.
- It will automatically detect page edges
- You can set page sizes for PDF, i.e, A4, Letter, Legal, etc.
- You can share PDF and JPEG files
- Directly print and fax the scanned documents from the app
3. Jio Browser (UC Browser Alternative)
It was launched in the year 2018 by business giant Reliance Corporate IT Park Limited and has over 10 million downloads.
Jio Browser has a decent rating of 4.6 stars out of 5.
- Since it is a lightweight browser, just over 4MB, it is fast and easy to browse.
- It has regional language support.
- You can have a glance at cricket scores, latest news, and videos.
- Voice search
- Dark Theme
- saves memory and controls battery usage.
- OR code scanner
4. Roposo (TikTok, Hello, Likee Alternative)
It is a video sharing app released on 19 November 2014 and has over 50 million downloads. With a decent star rating of 4.4 stars, there are more than 2.60 lakh reviews.
- Make videos and watch them in regional languages. It has unique and exciting localized content topics including travel, food, film, fashion, lifestyle, and technology.
- You can create videos with the help of augmented reality, i.e, add stickers, realistic effects, and make your content viral.
- With smart video editing options, you can make high-quality content that will give the professionals a run for their money.
- By creating and viewing content you can earn Roposo’s digital currency and encash it later through payment gateways.
- It is a 360-degree platform for social media influencers to connect with followers as well as brands for the endorsement.
Other app you can try is Share Chat
Youtube and Instagram are also great options.
5. Say Namaste (Zoom Alternative)
Launched in April 2020, it is offered by Inscripts, a Mumbai-based web app, and a software development company. It has had 100K+ downloads with a satisfactory rating of 4.4 stars out of 5. It is easy to use and secure video conferencing app.
- It supports up to 50 participants in one call.
- You can share your screen with colleagues.
- Its also offers file sharing functionality
- The video and voice quality is great.
6. Flipkart (Club Factory & Shein Alternative)
This app needs no introduction, you have probably bought a phone or home appliance from this app already. It is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bengaluru and was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007.
Mobile phones, home appliances, ready-made garments, shoes, cosmetics, electronic gadgets, it is a one-stop app for all your needs.
The app was released in the year 2011 and since then has more than 100 million downloads. It has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 and 11 million reviews.
- Availability of offers and discounts in the app. Huge savings
- With the app on your phone, you have an entire mall at your disposal. Order any time from lakhs of products.
- New sales, offers, and discounts notification pop-ups.
- The app takes second to download and is just 17MB in size.
Another good app you can try is Tata CLiQ
7. Indian Beauty Camera (BeautyPlus and YouCam Perfect Alternative)
Indian Selfie Camera was launched in the year 2017 by Peakecorp Dev Team++. It has a near-perfect rating of 4.8 stars out of 5 and over 50 thousand downloads. The app size is just over 7MB and is loaded with unique and amazing features. As of now, it is only available for Android devices
Highlights of the App-
- It has exciting live filters designed specifically for selfies and pictures.
- For ultra-chic and vintage looks, it comes equipped with the sketch, vignette, and retro filters.
- The app has tools to make skin appear flawless and you can also add makeup and looked natural.
- With easy to share feature you can post your perfect selfies on social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Through these Indian app alternatives, we are not only strengthening India’s self-reliance movement but we are stopping the foreign countries (read China) to steal our personal data. Choose Desi over Swadesi. The Chinese app has been alleged of stealing private information from the user’s phone and the Government of India has reported 42 Chinese applications that are DANGEROUS. So by using Indian App Alternatives you are also securing your privacy. We urge you to use more Indian apps and please do make suggestions so that we can add to the above list.