The iPhone from Apple is no doubt, the most popular smartphone at present. It offers a powerful combination of style and functionality. The company updates its smartphone every year with newer features. The more features it adds, the more its demand increases. And the trend is here to stay for a while. Whatever is your version of iPhone, your phone will need a thorough reformatting at regular intervals. The reason can be anything. It may be slow, or need to clean storage space & phone memory, or be may be battery is exhausted.
A decision to reformat is great. It will eliminate all errors and will restore your phone to its factory settings. But there is a danger everyone fears; loss of data. You lose data when reformatting a phone because when doing so, you wipe out the entire settings and go to the default mode. But know that formatting is not the only reason for data loss.
Factors That May Cause Loss of Information on Your iPhone
Losing data from iPhone device is a headache, especially for those who depend on iPhone more frequently for their businesses & it cost lots of time & money to get it fixed. There are a couple of reasons you may lose your data, here we have described the common factors that guide you to avoid or alert in the future.
1. You Delete Them by Mistake
You delete files or any other information from your phone at regular intervals. This may prove disastrous if you accidentally delete the data you need. Unfortunately, certain data is not that easy to restore. It can only be done through an cloud backup storage.
2. Technical Glitch or Error
You may lose information on your phone due to an unknown error. The cause may be unknown. But it happens,and you find yourself in a fix. But that is not the end of the world. All you need is an online backup service.
3. Damage to the Phone
You were enjoying an amazing journey on the worldwide web. All on a sudden, your hands slip,and the phone falls crashing onto the floor. You hurriedly pick it up before it is too late. The screen may be intact. But the fall damages certain files. They go corrupted. And you are left with no choice, but to depend on an online backup tool.
4. Updating or Changing Phone
Updates for iOS are there to fix bugs and change the settings in your phone for the better. But that may cause loss of data in certain instances. With an online backup tool, you can enjoy the benefits without having to worry about data. The same applies to the situation when you change your iPhone. You may be able to transfer all files from the previous model to the current ones. But certain information is sure to go. Here too, an online backup service like iTunes would work miracles.
Four Simple Ways to Backup iPhone Data
Here are four simple ways you can backup iPhone. Make sure that you have one already before exploring further.
1. How to Backup iPhone to iCloud
Getting iPhone backup in iCloud is simple & easy, follow the step by step guide to backup yout iphone data to iCloud.
- Open Setting of your iphone device.
- Select your apple Id.
- Goto icloud & select iCloud backup.
- Select backup now.
For Auto backup with iCloud,turned on the setting on your iPhone device
Restoring from iCloud
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Afterwards, go to General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Confirm that you do want to continue with the process.
- Upon completion, power-ups your device.
- A “hello” screen will appear. Move on.
- A few steps later, you will see a screen with the option; apps and data.
- Choose the “restore from iCloud” option.
- Do as per the instructions you see on the screen.
When the process is completed, you can use your phone as earlier. Just ignore when you see apps being installed in the background. That is part of the restoration process.
2. How to Backup iPhone to iTunes
Many Apple users have used iTunes to download useful apps, amazing games, and music from Apple Stores. Follow the below steps to backup iPhone to iTunes.
- Connect your phone to a Mac or PC that has iTunes installed on it.
- If it is new, a welcome screen will appear.
- Click “Continue” and agree to sync your device with iTunes.
- A device summary that appears will have many options to restore and backup.
- Choose iTunes and press the “restore a backup” button.
- Choose the date from the options that appear next and click OK.
- Upon completing the process, you can disconnect it and go your way.
3. How to Backup an iPhone Using Fonedog Toolkit
Fonedog toolkit is another option you can try to retrieve backup and restore your iPhone from iCloud. Fonedog toolkit allows you to backup the selected data & takes little time to backup data. Follow the below steps to backup your Apple device:
- Open the Fonedog Toolkit application & connect your Apple device.
- Choose the iOS Data backup & restore.
- Select standard backup or encrypted backup mode, as per your requirement & select the start button.
- Choose what type of data you want to backup. Such as media files, your contacts & messages, browsing history, Bookmarks, etc. If you want a backup of all data, then select all & click on next button.
- Wait for a few minutes, let Fonedog complete backup your iOS data.
4. How to Backup iPhone Using Acronis True Image 2020
iCloud & iTunes take good care of your specific settings & applications, but Acronis True Image 2020 software secured your personal user data such as images, media files, contacts etc. in a absolute way. follow the step by step guide and do accordingly.
- Open Acronis True Image 2020 application.
- Select the backup button.
- Log in to Acronis account.
- Select your data to backup.
- Click Backup now.
Backup of all your data is stored in Acronis Cloud Storage. Make sure you turned on continues backup in setting to backup data automatically. If you don’t want to auto backup then select the turned off.
Restoring iPhone backup need not be a worry. Just keep it updated with whatever information you have stored on the device.