When you see beautiful WordPress website, the first question may raise in your mind is; What WordPress theme is that? Isn’t it? Alright, in this article we will share some tips and information that will help you to identify theme of the wordpress website along with plugin information they are using.
When you use such wordpress theme detector tools, it also save your lot of time searching most suitable theme for your website. Here you just need to see the reference wordpress website you like the most and use readily available tools that will tell you wordpress theme name and other useful information associated with that wordpress website. Here are few methods to detect wordpress theme and to find authorized and trusted website selling respective theme.
Method 1: Manually Detect the Theme
This method is very basic and may require HTML knowledge to understand source code in which, you need to follow below steps:
- Open home page of the wordpress website you want to check the Theme for
- Click on Ctrl + U (or right click on the web page and click on view source)
- Now Ctrl + F and search for Theme (domainname.com/wp-content/themes/)
- Here in our case, the theme name is: Click Mag ( /wp-content/themes/click-mag/)
It may happen that the developer of the website may change the name of this theme folder. In this case you can check CSS file can be found here URL: /wp-content/themes/Theme Name/style.css and find the information associated with the theme.
Theme Name: Click Mag
Description: Click Mag is the only magazine/blog theme you need to maximize clicks and keeep visitors flooding back to your site. From its various social sharing options, trending posts, maximum ad exposure, SEO optimization, and attractive design, Click Mag will deliver the best user experience and clicks of any WordPress theme you've ever used!
Author: MVP Themes
Author URI: https://themeforest.net/user/mvpthemes/portfolio
Theme URI: http://themeforest.net/user/mvpthemes
License: GNU General Public License v3 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Tags: two-columns, custom-background, custom-colors, custom-menu, featured-images, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready
Text Domain: click-mag
If you are not familiar with HTML, you can use tools to know what wordpress theme is that site using. Here are few tools for your use:
#1 WP Theme Detector
WP Theme detector is one of the famous tool allow you to detect wordpress theme along with various other details mentioned below:
- It detect version of the theme that website is using and current version of theme available in market
- Version of WordPress installation
- Theme provider
- Number of plugins website is using and its download page
And all other information to make your theme selection process easier.
#2 What WP Theme Is That
This is another free WP theme detector tool offers almost all information you may require about wordpress theme. When I tested What WordPress theme is that tool, I found that; it was unable to detect the theme name and displaying the message says the website is using custom theme.
That means, WP theme detector tool can fetch more accurate information as compare What WordPress Theme Is That tool.
Till now, you learned to detect the wordpress theme but the crucial task will start here. How can you find the authentic website or original theme seller from where you can buy this theme with license?
Follow below steps:
- Go to Google search and type theme name or use the different combination like: [Theme Name] + WordPress theme
- Now visit listed websites and see the user reviews or authenticity of the website. Sometime it happened that, sellers offers free theme by playing with code to harm your website and I strongly against downloading free theme to avoid any of such issue.
- Once you landed on valid seller website, purchase theme and start integration.
Here you need to understand very important part about theme integration. The theme looks on website you love may did some work on customization. That means, when you integrate your WordPress theme on your domain, you should be ready with enough data and basic customization to get expected look.
What are you waiting for? Just follow given step and buy your favorite WordPress theme without wasting time on searching for themes.